2010年11月25日 星期四

My Biography - Katrina Lee

Katrina Lee

I'm a Chinese and English teacher who was born and raised in Hsinchu, Taiwan.  I have 7 years of teaching experience in English, as well as 1 year of teaching experience in Mandarin, having started teaching right after getting my Mandarin teaching certificate.  I have students from America, Canada, Korea, and South Africa and I am still expecting to meet more students from all over the world!!!  :)

I graduated from Nan Ya Institute of Science and Technology, majoring in Applied Foreign Languages.  I can speak four languages- Chinese, English, Hakka, and Taiwanese.


As a bilingual speaker of Chinese and English and one who is also teaching both languages, I find people always either automatically rely on their mother tongue automatically or focus on GRAMMAR too much, when it comes to learning a foreign language.
Both problems can seem helpful when starting to learn a new language but they can also be seen as a big obstacle in learning a foreign language.

English is a language I've been learning for a long time, I devoted very much time and effort, when I was a student.
Chinese, Hakka, and Taiwanese are all my native languages that I acquired natually.

In my Mandarin classes, I give words and phrases, to students, that are useful in their lives.
I also give sentence patterns and words that can be paraphrasesed in a structure.
I also believe that motivation is a huge factor in learning a language, and my job is to raise students interest and give them the words and phrases that can come in handy when it comes to  their daily lives.

I now have an English learning website for all my Taiwanese students, and they all LOVE my blog (http://polyglot-katrina.blogspot.com),  Now, it is time for the students from foreign lands who are expecting a fun-loving adventure in the world of Mandarin!!!

Enjoy!!!   :)

沒有留言:

張貼留言