2010年11月26日 星期五

Materials

Here are the textbooks that I used as my class materials  :) 

1. Far East Everyday Chinese  遠東生活華語

This is the book which is highly used in almost all my classes.
The textbook, with its 12 chapters, provides the learners with texts in modern standard  Chinese. Each chapters is equipped with a variety of exercises in phonetics, grammar, contextual meaning and usage to help the learners improve their communicative skills. However, as a native speaker of Chinese, it is still not a perfect ideal material for learning chinese, which is why I now use this material as a guideline then do some adjustments on it, make my own handout for my students.





2. Illustracted Chinese-English Dictionary 中文圖解辭典

This book contains most of the practical terms used in daily life. There are many categories, all with their own picture themes, making this an ideal learning tool that can be used long-term.
It also uses simplified Chinese characters, and each phrase has pinyin and the English definition next to it. So in my class, I usually offer traditional Chinese characters on the side for my students.




 3. Mandarin Chinese

 The book contains twenty lessons with review exercises in every lesson and it also has instruction integrates conversational skills with proficiency in grammar.
The reason that I use this as my material is because it has shorter and easier conversation for each lesson, which is easier than Far East Everyday Chinese. But it is a simplified-Chinese materia and the expression in the converstaions are too MAINLAND CHINA which makes me to type my own traditional Chinese handout for students.  :P



4.  Easy Way to Learn Chinese Characters  漢字速成課本

 This book is intended for beginners of Chinese language learning, who are willing to take in some knowledge about Chinese and interested in learning the language.
In this book, you will learn how to the strokes, stroke order, components and structures of Chinese characters. For the further lessons, you will be learning the meaning of radicals and some other phonetic radicals. But the material only shows the simplified Chinese characters.



沒有留言:

張貼留言